When Bioneers Co-Founder Nina Simons turned 40, she began receiving public acknowledgement for her leadership in the organization, for featuring and sharing widely the innovative leaders, stories and visions that reveal pathways toward healing relationships with our selves, each other and the Earth.
As Nina shared her experiences with her female friends and colleagues she discovered that that they too felt similarly conflicted about leadership as an aspiration or public persona. From that point forward Nina began a twenty-year exploration into the nature of leadership and its reinvention, culminating in the creation of her upcoming book: Integral Leadership – One Woman’s Journey.
About the Book
Through twelve years of co-facilitating Bioneers Cultivating Women’s Leadership intensives with an array of wildly diverse women, Nina Simons realized how a shared experience of the history and injustice of gender bias could help form a bridge — an empathic window into finding common ground. She learned how relating through all of our ways of knowing while being vulnerable and real could help weave relationships that transcend what tends to otherwise divide women.
The full book will braid together essays, prose poems and interviews that describe the arc of one woman’s learning, growing, self-discovery and increasing alignment with her own evolving sense of purpose – or assignment.
– J.L. Chestnut
Inspired by and featuring women activists and leaders in the women’s equality movement, this collection:
- Shares examples and principals of a leadership that’s sourced from love, and evolves from the inside, out
- Considers the benefits and challenges of achieving full gender equity to the future of life on Earth
- Highlights the need for rebalancing the feminine and masculine archetypes within us each and all
- Explores pathways for social healing, both individually and collectively
- Reveals how one woman’s sense of purpose can evolve and grow, with time and experience.