What’s the world you want and how can we get there?
That question frames our 25th Anniversary Bioneers conference, and we’ve added a new Change Makers Fair to showcase innovative organizations and game-changing companies shaping the world we want.
We handpicked a great sampling of some of the most leading-edge innovators—people and groups we really want you to know about, including some of this year’s amazing speakers.
Read more about some highlighted participants below and check them out at the Fair.
And if you haven’t already, be sure to register to join us at the 2014 Bioneers Summit Conference today—use code FRIEND14 to get 20% off the ticket price before registration closes Wednesday, 10/15 at 5 PM PST!
Create Water from Thin Air
We here in California know full well that water is a precious commodity. Skywell, a new start-up, wanted to change how the world things about drinking water, so they developed a technology to generate drinking water from the air!
Come give it a try at the Fair, learn more about their personal-sized unit and larger, commercial one, and take charge of your water supply.
California Water Solutions will also be on hand to demonstrate their unique rain catchment technology that treats rainwater to EPA drinking standards.
See the Latest Farming Innovation
Robert Henrikson, a pioneer in algae cultivation who founded the world’s largest spirulina farm 30 years ago, wants everyone to be able to micro-farm spirulina. Check out Smart Microfarms, which operates small-scale algae production ventures in California and Washington. You can see the future of microfarming for yourself and get involved—experience a modular growing system on display at the Fair.
Discover the Amazing Mushroom
Mycologist Paul Stamets, who is returning to present on the main stage this year, will be bringing along his many mushroom products. Look for his mind-boggling company and products, Fungi Perfecti, at the Change Makers Fair and explore the many useful applications of mushrooms.
Be Naturally Awed
Oceanographer Wallace J. Nichols will return to Bioneers this year both on stage and with his exciting non-profit organization, Slow Coast. Slow Coast is what J. and his family call the beautiful 50-mile strip of California coastline between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz. Find out how you can partner with them, along with local farmers and artisans, to help preserve and cultivate its natural beauty.
Relax & Treat Yourself
- Alco Chan and his Healing Hands will be offering reinvigorating massages at the conference!
- After recharging your body, recharge your phone or other electronic device with Sol Solutions solar-powered charging system.
- Gathering Thyme, a local herb and supplement shop, will be hosting daily herbal medicine demos with free samples. You’ll learn about the benefits of infused herbal oils, as well as how to make them yourself!
- Look and feel good with Synergy Clothing, an organic clothing line that works with the only Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) factory in Nepal, paying their workers a fair wage.
Get Engaged with a Cause
- Join The Citizen’s Climate Lobby in creating the political will for a livable world.
- Join 350 Bay Area in reducing carbon pollution in the Bay and beyond.
- Help protect the Amazon rainforest and advance the rights of the indigenous peoples who inhabit it with Amazon Watch.
- Work with The Pachamama Alliance to create a world that works for everyone: an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet.
- Advocate for a healthy planet with the Sierra Club Bay Chapter.