Some of the best minds on the planet are busy cataloguing possible solutions to the crisis of climate chaos. Scientists, entrepreneurs and educators on technology’s cutting edge offer a broad array of bio-based solutions that are already working to transition us to a truly sustainable civilization. Biomimics Janine Benyus, Stephan Dewar, Paul Stamets, David Orr and Jay Harman offer a smorgasbord of startling solutions based on nature’s genius.
Products You’ll Enjoy
- Nature’s 100 Best: The brilliant naturalist, author of Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature, and founder of the Biomimicry Institute, Janine Benyus, reminds us that our prime directive as living beings is to seek to create conditions conducive to life.
- New Ideas from Biology that Could Change the World: Janine Benyus of the Biomimicry Guild celebrates the newest ancient ideas bubbling up in the natural sciences, illuminating how evolution’s wisdom can help us design benign, life-enhancing technologies while inspiring us to protect Earth’s biodiversity.
- Ecological Design AND Organic and Beyond: Educator David Orr suggests that true ecological design can take place only in a society willing to ask, “How would nature do it?”
- Some Like it Hot; But Lots Don’t: David Orr outlines a national climate-change policy for the incoming administration developed by the Presidential Climate Action Project (PCAP).
- The Fifth Revolution The Evolution of Ecological Design Intelligence: From the perspective of the sustainability of human life on the Earth, what does it mean to be intelligent? And what does the answer imply for education, learning and research?