Bioneers seeks a Coordinator for our Youth Leadership Program (YLP). YLP promotes informed, solutions-based activism and leadership development for youth in the social justice and environmental movements.
The Youth Leadership Program Coordinator (YLPC) is responsible for planning, coordinating and hosting all activities of the Bioneers Youth Leadership Program including: coordinating all production and personnel needs in a manner that will ensure a successful YLP at the annual Bioneers Conference, that offers experiential opportunities for youth to express their talents in service of activism while developing their leadership skills.
This is full-time seasonal position from June through November 15, 2018 and is based out of Bioneers HQ in the Presidio, San Francisco.
- Coordinate and award youth scholarships per program guidelines.
- Conducting scholarship and participant outreach to youth/activist organizations, schools, environmental organizations, as well as working with the Indigenous Program Director and Manager to facilitate scholarships for indigenous youth.
- Database and youth registration including acquisition of basic contact information.
- Promoting the YLP.
- Procuring food and meal donations to feed the youth at the conference.
- Participating in and coordinating with the conference production team.
- Working with our youth program partner organizations to formalize and oversee our agreements.
- Coordinating and leading an orientation for youth attendees at the conference.
- Coordinating and hosting the venue and the activities in the Youth Tent including overseeing volunteers.
- Gathering and summarizing evaluation feedback, ideas and outcomes.
- Securing testimonials from participants during and after the conference.
- Provide updates for the YLP webpage.
- Documenting the YLPC process by gathering and organizing data and files related to the YLP.
- Writing a year-end program report and other reports as required.
- Doing outreach and relationship building with youth organizations and schools to expand and leverage the Bioneers youth network.
- Supporting youth in self-funding initiatives for scholarships to the conference.
- Initiating and assisting in general program fundraising.
- Carrying out any other organizational responsibilities as needed.
- Experience in youth program coordination preferred, but not required.
- Degree preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Database management.
- Excellent computer and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in various formats.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take direction and feedback and put it into practice.
This position reports to the Youth Leadership and RFS Program Director. This person will supervise volunteers at the annual conference.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is full-time seasonal position from June through November 15, 2018 and is based out of Bioneers HQ in the Presidio, San Francisco. Position offers opportunity to work remotely 2 days per week. This position also requires evening and weekend work during the organization’s annual conference in October, and occasionally throughout the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. At the Annual Conference YLPC will need to be able to get to and from multiple locations on site quickly and may be required to be on their feet for long periods of time as well as lifting up to 20 pounds.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers acts as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series, The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 29th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach a focal point to build community and collaboration.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems. Learn more at http://www.bioneers.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments. Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.