Bioneers seeks a Development Coordinator for the overall project management of Foundations and Grants cycles. This includes tracking grant deadlines and foundation requirements and assisting with the coordination of report and proposal submissions. Additional responsibilities may be added as needed.
This is a part-time non-exempt position based in Santa Fe, NM with a maximum of 20 work hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have:
– Project management skills.
– Knowledge of current fundraising best practices.
– Proficiency in using Salesforce.
Foundation and Grant Management
– Project management of Foundations and Grant cycles, including overseeing deadlines and requirements.
– Streamline tracking report deadlines, assisting with coordinating proposal submissions, and report writing, including LOI’s.
– Tracking existing grant reporting and submission deadlines, and update any requirement changes.
– Update boilerplates for grant reports and grant applications, provide updates and report drafts when needed.
– Stay informed via the bi-weekly program reports and other methods for capturing program achievements, relevant information for grant writing, and updating boilerplates and reporting.
– Coordinate with Program Directors to get timely updates for grant reports and proposals.
Executive Team Upward Management
Update CEO, Executive Director, and Chief Financial Officer on current grant proposals and upcoming grant report deadlines.
– Salesforce data entry, administration and monthly reporting.
– Donation processing and acknowledgment letters.
– Customer service, fulfill communication inquiries (email and phone).
– Support Executive Team with related projects or fundraising campaigns.
– Support with campaign mailers and fulfillments.
– Maintain marketing material at the office for networking events or presentations.
– AA/BS degree in Business Administration is preferred but not required.
– Strong project management skills.
– Knowledge of current fundraising best practices.
– Proficiency in using CRM (SalesForce), Microsoft Word, and Excel.
– Experience in implementing and organizing development systems and processes for grants.
– A commitment to the mission and values of Bioneers mission and programs.
– Excellent computer and research skills.
– Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing, in various formats.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work.
– Ability to work independently with little supervision.
– Ability to take direction and feedback and put it into practice.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a not-for-profit development department with fundraising, marketing, sales, public relations, and annual, corporate or foundation giving.
In collaboration with the Executive Director, VP of Finance and Chief Development Officer.
Degree of Supervision Received
High. Supervision provided by the Chief Development Officer
Position Supervised or Directed (titles and approximate numbers)
Volunteers at the Annual Bioneers Conference.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-exempt part-time position at 20 hours per week, located in Santa Fe, NM. We work in a shared and open work environment. This position may require evening and weekend work during the organization’s annual conference in October.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. At the Annual Conference hours are long and the Development Coordinator will need to be able to get to and from multiple locations on site quickly and may be required to be on their feet for long periods of time.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers acts as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series, The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 29th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach a focal point to build community and collaboration.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems. Learn more at http://www.bioneers.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments. Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Chief Administrative Officer, at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.