Bioneers seeks a Program Director for the Everywoman’s Leadership Program at a moment of transition to expand the program to also engage men and redefine masculinity.
The optimal candidate will be familiar with Bioneers, its mission and communities, as well as have an expansive, generalist knowledge of the diverse landscape of women’s leadership, gender equity and other initiatives to redefine masculinity. The optimal candidate will have strong media and event production skills. Candidate will also be team-based, outcomes-driven and collaborative, with an understanding of movement building.
This role serves several key functions:
• Support the annual Bioneers Conference programming related to women’s leadership, gender equity and healing the gender wound.
• Support the success of relevant programmatic elements at the annual Bioneers conference, cultivate and sustain relationships, and conduct follow-up, documentation, media, and information gathering after the event.
• Promote the outreach and distribution of Bioneers media content related to Women’s Leadership, Gender Equity and Redefining Masculinity, in multiple markets and audiences including the general public, diverse media and online outlets, and social media platforms.
• Cultivate and develop networks of aligned organizations and women’s leadership and gender equity networks.
• Facilitate, manage and help grow working partnerships with aligned groups and leaders such as relevant civil society groups, advocacy groups, institutions and educational institutions.
• Conduct partnership and ally development related to the Conference and website.
• Co-produce periodic live events and related media.
• Host and moderate events.
• Support fundraising efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Deep knowledge and experience of multiple media platforms, media curation, and media distribution channels.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills and cultural competency with diverse cultures
• Ability to move adeptly and respectfully through many different issue areas, cultures, ages and worldviews; cultural and gender sensitivity are a must
• Strong communications and writing skills
• Highly effective project management skills
• Conference and event production experience
• Administrative and fundraising capacity and experience
• An editorial voice that meets professional journalistic standards
• Comfort with complexity and with coordinating multiple tasks at once
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Public speaking ability a plus
• Ability to take direction and feedback and put it into practice
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPress, Adobe, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, SalesForce and database management, and project management tools
The person will report directly to the Bioneers Executive Director, and interface with the CEO and the Founder of the Everywoman’s Leadership program. The person will work closely with the Bioneers Communications team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is full-time exempt position with the opportunity to work remotely. This position also requires evening and weekend work during the organization’s annual conference in October, and occasionally throughout the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. At the Annual Conference, employee will need to be able to get to and from multiple locations on site quickly and may be required to be on their feet for long periods of time as well as lifting up to 20 pounds.
Founded in 1990, Bioneers acts as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Bioneers connects people with solutions and each other to create a revolution from the heart of nature.
Bioneers illuminates the leading edges of transformational change and “the greatest people you’ve never heard of.” Our acclaimed national and local conferences are complemented by media outreach, including our award-winning radio and podcast series, The Bioneers: Revolution From the Heart of Nature. We provide a platform for communities of color, indigenous peoples and women leaders whose voices may seldom be heard elsewhere. Now in its 30th year, the Bioneers conference (c. 3,000 people annually) is a perennial wellspring of cutting-edge content and dynamic, diverse voices that supply the primary source for our public education and media outreach a focal point to build community and collaboration.
As a community of leadership, Bioneers acts as a media amplifier for many respected leaders, a hatchery for young and emerging leaders, and a connection point for engaged citizens dedicated to making a difference. As an interdisciplinary network of networks, we span the arc of the human endeavor to reconcile the interdependence of human and natural systems. Learn more at http://www.bioneers.org.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV / resume in order to be considered. Please send applications as PDFs or Word attachments. Please include your last name and the position title in the subject line, and send applications to: Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principal’s, please.
Thank you for your time and consideration! We look forward to hearing from you.
Bioneers // Collective Heritage Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.