Young people today face a world rife with challenges and uncertainty. As youth question how they want to influence the world and be a part of building a more equitable and regenerative future, they need the critical thinking skills, the compassion and the support to take up the responsibility of caring for this world.
The Bioneers Youth Leadership Program (YLP) offers over 500 young leaders and activists the opportunity to listen, create, express themselves, ask hard questions and get real answers in an open-hearted, creative space. This program inspires and nurtures the next generation of visionary leaders through skill-building, mentoring and networking.
For 30 years, the National Bioneers Conference has connected thousands of people with practical, visionary solutions for humanity’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. The YLP connects young folks with peers and mentors so they feel empowered to respond creatively and engage fully in building a better world.
It is our intention to make the YLP accessible to young leaders and activists, many of whom have limited resources, which is why we are asking for your help!
We invite you to contribute to developing leadership in our youth so they can help guide a graceful transition into our shared futures.
• $15 supports 1 meal for 1 youth during the conference
• $50 supports all meals for 1 youth throughout the conference
• $100 supports 1 youth scholar in attending the conference for 1 day, including lunch
• $350 supports one youth scholar’s attendance to the full conference, including the youth orientation and meals
• $1000 supports 3 youth scholars’ attendance to the full conference, including the youth orientation and meals
• $2500 supports 1 youth group of 8 in attending the conference, including the youth orientation and meals
The YLP promotes youth leadership and intersectional dialogue in a number of meaningful ways:
• A Community of Mentors program connects youth with experienced activists and leaders who offer in-person wisdom to help guide young leaders on their activist paths.
• Youth-led collaborative art projects that generate powerful group creativity and connection.
• Interactive workshops on media and art in activism, climate justice movement building and emergent open space dialogues on solidarity, inclusivity and intersectionality
• A Poetry Slam that elevates youth voices and creates a brave space where trauma and triumph are shared.
WE NEED YOU!
Bioneers is committed to making our conference accessible to young people from all socioeconomic backgrounds. We recognize that communities who are on the frontlines of environmental crises must be included and centralized in building solutions to climate change and social injustices. We need your support to provide more scholarships.