Bioneers Development Internship
Are you interested in engaging a growing community in solutions for a more just and sustainable world? Bioneers is seeking a passionate and articulate intern to support our Fundraising and Development program.
This position is perfect for someone looking to gain experience in the field of fundraising, and can offer experience in grant research and writing, running online campaigns, donor cultivation, event planning, and strategic development strategies. An interest in environmental justice, food justice, social justice, indigenous rights or women’s leadership is preferred.
Bioneers development interns possess strong computer, research, communication, and writing skills and must have excellent attention to detail.
- Event Planning: Assist in the planning of donor cultivation events, which range from small parties, to educational presentations, to trips
- Grants: Research grants and foundations in line with our mission and assist in the writing of proposals and reports
- Donor Communication: Support the Development and Communications Team in donor communications and developing and disseminating engaging materials to donors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Energetic self-starter who can work on projects independently
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity
- Interest in environmental health, biomimicry, social justice, food system reform, indigenous rights and women’s leadership is strongly preferred; passion around these issues is even better
- Graphic design skills (InDesign, Photoshop)
- MailChimp or other e-communication platform experience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge
A small stipend is paid for this internship. We will work closely with you to translate the skills you learn into résumé language. Our office is located in The Presidio in San Francisco, CA. We are accessible by public transit and have secure bike storage on premises. The length of the internship can range from 2-6 months and from 5-20 hours per week.
About Bioneers: Bioneers is a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Our acclaimed annual national and local conferences are complemented by extensive media outreach including an award-winning radio series, book series, and role in media projects such as Leonardo DiCaprio’s film The 11th Hour. Our programs further focus on Women’s Leadership, Indigenous Wisdom, Community Resilience Networks, and Leadership Development and Youth.
Please submit the following to email@example.com with the subject line: Bioneers Development Internship
- A cover letter indicating your relevant experience and interests, what experience/skills you hope to gain during your internship, your available dates, and number of hours per week you wish to work.
- A current resume highlighting your experience and/or coursework relevant to the position.
- A brief writing sample (2 pages or less)
Our weekly newsletter provides insights into the people, projects, and organizations creating lasting change in the world.
Join us, hear from those who are uncovering Pathways Forward, and be inspired.