Executive Assistant to President
Summary: Bioneers is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to work with Cofounder and Everywoman’s Leadership director providing organizational and administrative support on a somewhat variable schedule. Most work can be from home. Anticipated hours are 15-20/week, and candidates need to have: some administrative or executive assistant experience, a good working knowledge of MS Office software and Macintosh systems, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail, strong communications and relational intelligence and social networking skills.
This position is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Qualified candidates will also be considered in the San Francisco, California area.
Reports to: Co-‐Founder, President and Everywoman’s Leadership Director, Nina Simons
Purpose: To support the President and EL Director in her varied and complex portfolio with efficiency and ease, by providing meticulous scheduling, planning and documenting assistance. Executive administrative work will include the following areas of focus:
- administrative support in weekly scheduling and travel,
- management of media and donor communications,
- program support with CWL administration, conference planning and program outreach.
Primary Areas of Responsibility, Executive Assistant (10hours weekly):
- Booking and coordinating travel needs, preparing detailed itinerary, scheduling appointments related to travel, liaison with executive team about scheduling, anticipate/prepare or request/pack/ship materials needed
- Manage communications and scheduling appointments; assisting with screening, tracking and responding to calls, mail, email
- Manage inquiries and contractual arrangements for speaking engagements
- Create and keep current weekly plan of work priorities
- Mail books, articles, media and gifts to donor and partnership contacts
- Provide administrative, logistical and communication support during the conference
- Track donor communications and development follow-‐through
Cultivating Women’s Leadership training admin assistance (additional 10 hours weekly)
- Tracking applications
- Responding to inquiries
- Preparation for trainings (includes prep for participants and facilitators)
- Materials purchase and support
- Follow-‐up with facilitators and applicants afterward, and prompting survey participation
- Survey Report Summary (tracking testimonials and feedback)
Skills and Experience Required for the Position:
Candidates must have excellent organizational skills, and experience with providing administrative and executive support as well as exceptional written and verbal communications. Successful candidate will be highly detail-‐oriented and both a team player and self-‐starter, who enjoys juggling multiple priorities.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Competent and experienced using Mac computers
- Google docs and Google calendar
- Social Networking skills
- Video/Audio editing experience and Web development a plus
- This position will be based in the Bay area with a weekly foray into San Francisco Office with some flex time possible.
- This is a part-‐time position, at 15-‐20 hours/week.
- General business hours of availability will be Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
Bioneers is an innovative nonprofit educational organization that highlights breakthrough solutions for restoring people and planet. Founded in 1990 in Santa Fe, New Mexico by social entrepreneurs Kenny Ausubel and Nina Simons, Bioneers has acted as a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. A celebration of the genius of nature and human ingenuity, Bioneers connects people with breakthrough solutions and each other.
Our acclaimed annual national and local conferences are complemented by extensive media outreach including an award-‐winning radio series, book series, and role in media projects such as Leonardo DiCaprio’s film The 11th Hour. Our programs further focus on Women’s Leadership, Indigenous Wisdom, Community Resilience Networks, and Leadership Development and Youth. Learn more at www.bioneers.org and www.conference.bioneers.org.
Bioneers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Cover Letter and CV may be pasted into the email body or attached as a PDF or Word Document, ONLY.
- Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Please include an updated CV / resume WITH SALARY HISTORY. (Applications without salary history will not be considered)
- Please INCLUDE YOUR LAST NAME + JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE and send to: careers (AT) bioneers (DOT) org
We will contact applicants of interest. Thank you for your time and consideration.
NO AGENCIES or CONSULTANTS or THIRD-‐PARTY SERVICES or INTERNATIONAL
APPLICANTS. No phone calls or email to the office or principals, please.