Bioneers Digital Media Internship
Are you interested in amplifying the voices of change makers and building community around solutions for a more just and sustainable world? Bioneers is seeking an enthusiastic and tech-savvy intern to support our media outreach and communications program.
This position is perfect for someone looking to gain experience in the fields of communications, marketing, public relations and social media strategy. An interest in environmental justice, food justice, social justice, indigenous rights or women’s leadership is preferred.
Bioneers communications interns possess strong computer, research and writing skills and must have excellent attention to detail.
- Social Media Outreach: Support our digital communications, content creation and weekly reporting with an opportunity to take the lead on Instagram campaigns and contests
- Press Relations: Research and do outreach to traditional and online publications, coordinate press interviews and track media coverage
- Digital Media Archiving: Sort and categorize audio and video content, optimize our YouTube and SoundCloud channels
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Energetic self-starter who can work on projects independently
- Digital native with experience using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google applications
- Good organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, flexibility and creativity
- Interest in environmental health, biomimicry, social justice, food system reform, indigenous rights and women’s leadership is strongly preferred; passion around these issues is even better
- Graphic design skills (Photoshop, Canva.com)
- Video editing skills (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere)
- Experience managing social media campaigns
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience using Hootsuite
A small stipend is paid for this internship. No benefits included. We will work closely with you to translate the skills you learn into résumé language. Our office is located in The Presidio in San Francisco, CA. We are accessible by public transit and have secure bike storage on premises. The length of the internship is three months with the possibility of extension, and we are seeking a commitment of 5-20 hours per week.
About Bioneers: Bioneers is a fertile hub of social and scientific innovators with practical and visionary solutions for the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges. Our acclaimed annual national and local conferences are complemented by extensive media outreach including an award-winning radio series, book series, and role in media projects such as Leonardo DiCaprio’s film The 11th Hour. Our programs further focus on Women’s Leadership, Indigenous Wisdom, Community Resilience Networks, and Leadership Development and Youth.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Bioneers Digital Media Internship
- A cover letter indicating your relevant experience and interests, what experience/skills you hope to gain during your internship, your available dates, and number of hours per week you wish to work
- A current resume highlighting your experience and/or coursework relevant to the position
- A brief writing sample, preferably online content.
- Links to any relevant social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.